Sunday, 13 April 2014

Update 10: Oh wow! The ocean!

All environmental shots were done swiftly and I'm very happy how they all turned out. Now it's all colour work. Everyone now is colouring, except Will of course, who is working on his own film.

When it comes to colouring I always try and slow down the frames onto twos when the character's are still. I knew I wanted every frame to have this boil but to have it on ones when the characters are still go to quickly and it really messed with my eyes, I worried it would mess with the audiences as well. Putting the still boil on twos did create a lovely effect, almost like the characters are just slowing down and the boil is simply them breathing. It's great. Objects, like Jenny's bucket for example, don't have this boil when they are still. I did this for a few reasons, one to stop it from being to distracting, the eye should focus on Jenny and Pup, and also because an object doesn't breath, it should just blend in with the background to best of it's ability. 
So yes, the film is going at a comfortable pace. Currently as I write this we only have 20 shots to colour and between the three of us I see this being easy doing.







No comments:

Post a Comment