Saturday, 8 March 2014

Update 9: Lights glisten on the salty sea

Shot 3: Animation and Background by Pat. Sea animation by me!
I've finished doing all of my core animation for the film. I took over a lot of shots that Will was set to do and now he only has 2 to complete, one nearly finished. I've now moved on to environment animations such as the sea. As you can see in the example Pup not longer looks like he's running from nothing. The low frame rate sea doesn't feel to out of place and adds an illustrated look to the film. Which is neat! I just have to keep chugging a lot in this direction for now and then I can help the others with colour work.

I also fixed shot 49. Jenny is looking much less malformed. Hurrah! It's below with some other shots I feel proud of.

Shot 30 (Pup animated by Pat)
Shot 49








Shot 58
Shot 37

Also in the world of "Not Pups" I helped Dan out with his film. He wanted some lighting concepts. He gave some some blank line work and some colour concepts and I went to town on creating ideas for the lighting. I started out in rough grey scale and then once Dan was happy I went to colour. It was a short notice job and was done over the weekend.

Version 1
Version 2

Version 3
Final Colour










Overall things are going well. Ella is continuing to colour and Pat is tweaking backgrounds and also doing colour work. Very positive all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment