Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Blog blog blog...

Welcome to my 3rd year blog! This 3rd year will mostly be me working on my film "Pups". I started working on the film during the second year, now I can really get into the meat of the film. Storyboard work has been done over the summer, with feedback given by Peter Dodd and Denise Dean. Things are still open to change though.

I have currently 2 minutes and 30 seconds of the animatic done and am steadily planning to finish it before term ends.

The Pups Team
Will Wivell: Animator, lead on Jenny and Ball Pup.
Patrycja Szypula: Animator, lead on Pup and background design
Ella Forrester: Background Artist
Me! (Estelle Sharpe): Director. Also will help here and there, animation ect.

Others are still open to help and the current team members are not necessarily limited to the titles given.

While I've been working on getting the story down Will and Pat (Patrycja) are working on getting the style and animation down and I hope to expand on this to other things, such as concept work from backgrounds and more. For now they are doing a great job at grasping the tasks I've given them.

The Concept of Pups
Pups is about a little girl called Jenny who, while collecting shells on a beach, meets a shivering seal pup.

Thinking the seal is cold, she takes him home and wraps him up in layers of clothes so that he is warm enough to swim. It turns out he’s not shivering from the cold but from fear, but Jenny only figures this out after the seal pup has become a gigantic ball of clothes.
Pup accidentally rolls away from her and into the sea, and Jenny thinks she’s lost him.

However, she discovers a shell on her doorstep the next day, and it is revealed that Pup is fine and well, having conquered his fear of the sea.

In short: A seal pup’s irrational fear of the sea is helped by a little girl who doesn’t quite understand the situation.

The Tools

Pups will be animated in Flash. The colouring, and the backgrounds will be done in Photoshop to create the effect of a watercolour illustration. EXAMPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment